Wednesday, September 16, 2009

new look.

Do you like the new look and title of the blog? I am worried the title is too cheesy. Quirky or cheesy? I'm fine with like goat or brie cheesy...it's cheese but sophisticated and classy. When we get to like kraft singles cheesy I will change the title in an instant.

Yesterday, Tommy and I were talking about the different gym personalities we encounter. First of all, this is actually the first time we have actually belonged to a real gym. All through college and last year (b/c I was the spouse of a student) we went to the SLC. So we are Lifetime-ing it up and it is interesting.


There is a DISTINCT difference between the 5am crowd (that's when we normally go) and the 6pm crowd (when we hit the snooze). The 5am crowd is CONSISTENT. They tend to be older and a little more reclusive, but they are there no matter what. At 6pm, it's about being skinny (if you are a girl) and ellipticizing for an amount of time that only results in muscle breakdown rather than muscle conditioning. For the guys, they are big, creatine-eating, bicep curling monsters whose aerobic capacity is probably that of an 85 year old woman. Of course these are frightening generalities but I wanted to emphasize the difference.

Then you get the individuals. There is this one woman who ALWAYS wears tight, black spandex pants. She wears a sweatband around her head and she wears glasses which she keeps on with a thick band almost like goggles. Another is this one girl who is either walking, ellipticizing, or stair-climbing. She is EXTREMELY tan and she does all these movements very fast and kind of spastic. And her left leg is always coming out really oddly. She wears like a billion pieces of jewelry, mostly bracelets during all of this. Then my personal fav, Foam Roller Body Builder Guy. This guy looks like an 80s body builder. He is very toned but not BIG and hulk-ish. And he wears this goofy haircut that is parted on the side and combed over (think Ken doll). He comes in every morning and spends about 20 minutes with his foam roaller before starting his workout. It's pretty entertaining.

But yesterday, when Tommy and I were doing front squats, Foam roller guy said I had good form. THAT'S right Mr. Foam roller guy, I DO have good form. And it was my first day to do front squats. Booyah.

1 comment:

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Celina! Hola! Yes, there is a conglomeration of places that we get the clothes from...that pirate onesie was actually from Babies R Us. Some stuff I get off of Etsy.com if I can find a deal. Lots of stuff comes from a little boutique in my hometown where my mom will buy outfits. Some onesies from dirtycoast.com (louisiana clothes). So, a variety of places!

Hope y'all are doing well!!!