Saturday, April 17, 2010

things I'm loving

well, i don't think all of you blogstalkers posted like i asked, but for the ones that did, i applaud and exalt you, and will make sure you are on my little list to the right.

if you decide you want to come clean and reveal yourself, my offer still stands.

anyway, I decided to do a "Things I'm loving" post like so many of you out there:

1. Coconut milk

Ladies and Gents, if you don't use coconut milk, get up off your booty and go get a can (or carton--original only, vanilla flavor is nasty). First of all, it's non-dairy so a little less toxic for your digestive system...secondly, DELISH!! I use it for my oatmeal in the morning instead of water or cow milk. Also great in curries, smoothies, and other sauces. Half of the medium-chain fatty acids in coconut milk are composed of lauric acid, which is anti-viral, anti-bacterial, anti-microbial and anti-fungal. Coconut milk can help boost the immune system and fight off illness and disease.

2. Spaghetti Squash
We have been on a spaghetti squash kick. So far, I've made it with pesto and chicken and a tomato meat sauce. Both were awesome. Benefits: it is a low-glycemic food (some might say low-carb, but it does have carbs...the sugar from the carbs is just on the low end) and squash has a ton of good vitamins and minerals. It's pretty easy to make, too.


3. Rowing
OMG, I never really used this machine before we started doing crossfit, but now I'm hooked! It provides an excellent endurance workout. Disclaimer here: form is everything...without good form on this machine, the benefits of using it are nil. The little pictures and instructions posted on it are a pretty good description of proper form. But with good form, you will have a wonderful, full body workout.


4. Mambo Taxi from Mi Cocina

Frozen margarita. Sangria. Together. Enough said.


5. Rompers
I think these little things are too cute! I really want to get one (or two...or seven...) for the summer.

That's it folks, hope you enjoyed this edition of "Things I'm loving"

No comments: