Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Day 1

This was Monday, Day 1 of the Whole 20-something.
I ate:
oatmeal - since I just can't give myself anymore time in the morning to add in cooking and really don't like eggs by themselves anyway, this is the ONE allowance I am giving myself. And hopefully, I can do it every other day, alternating with a boiled egg and some fruit.
some almonds
leftover turkey (breast meat) and green beans (not the best but we hadn't done our shopping yet)
apple
pork, parsnips, and peppers for dinner.
red tea (for dessert?) unsweetened.
This dish was amazing! I don't love peppers but they really flavored the other things in it nicely.

Basically, chop up boneless parsnips, boneless pork chops, peppers and grape tomatoes. Heat up some EVOO and add the ingredients in the order listed above, saving the tomatoes for the last 5 minutes. Season with garlic powder, sea salt, ground black pepper, red pepper flakes (go easy!) and a light dusting of italian seasoning and cook about 15 minutes. BAM! Put it on a plate and fuel up.
Parsnips are interesting. They look like white carrots. When you peel them they smell like really ripe, fresh carrots. When you cook them, they taste and have the texture similar to a potato. I liked them!!
I felt:

Morning workout was sluggish but I ate like crap on Sunday. Energy throughout the day. Didn't even feel tired until I got into bed.

1 comment:

Life as the Mrs. said...

This is Brittany, and I'm back! :) Come follow me!