Friday, September 4, 2009

she's baa-aaack

no this is not some freaky re-telling of Poltergeist, rather a declaration of my return to blog land.

Since we moved from Waco, we have not had internet so I depended upon Tommy's Iphone for world wide access and I was definitely NOT going to write a post on that teeny tiny keyboard.

Some updates in Byrd life:

1. We moved to Dallas to a townhome in uptown...about twice the size of our waco apartment and suddenly we had all this space we didn't know what to do with!

2. In the meantime, we were driving up north to see family and friends like a billion times a week, I got a job in Frisco (more on that later), and found that all the amazing qualities of living in uptown are not quite in our budget.

3. So we moved again! This time to a town home in Addison/North Dallas. We like a number aspects about this: both of our commutes are shorter, we are closer to family and friends and potential church options, and in general we like the apartment itself alot better. We have only been there 2 weeks and it already feels more like home than the other place.

4. My job. So I was offered 2 jobs: one at a mental health agency caseworking like I did in Waco. the other was at Frisco High School (my mom basically got me this opportunity). After much thought and prayer we decided to NOT accept the caseworking position. I would have had to use my own vehicle and been driving all over the DFW metroplex. Also, it was a position with clients at a lower functioning level than my Waco job and I don't think I would have really enjoyed that like I did in Waco.

5. At Frisco, I am an aide in the Special Education Specialized Behavior Support (SBS)classroom. These kids aren't necessarily academically or functionally challenged (ie mentally retarded) but have emotional/social/behavioral issues. We have several with mental disorders. So I went from working with crazy adults to crazy teenagers! It's quite a paycut but there are so many opportunities in education that I thought it was worth a shot. I am already attached to our kids...want to fight for them...want to see them succeed.

6. I am going to be an aunt! My sister is 3 months pregnant! Pray for her b/c she has fibroids on her uterus so that makes her semi-high risk. She is due late February/early March. I am so pumped to be Uncle T and Aunt Celina!

That is all for now, I shall be updating much more frequently.


1 comment:

Amy Stier said...

Celina-
Glad to read an update on your life in Dallas! Glad to hear all is well!